Simplify your life and help grow your business.
The QuickBooks Desktop you know and love.
"It makes life so easy keeping track of clients, vendors, and all my banking."
- Eugene D.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro
Intuit QuickBooks Pro, the #1 small business accounting software. Intuit QuickBooks® Pro accounting software enables businesses to quickly and efficiently know where their business stands. Complete everyday tasks faster with simplified customer forms. Keep customer, vendor and employee contact information at your fingertips. Get easier access to data and transactions with simplified navigation.Easy to set up and learn to useThe New User Setup includes coaching tips to help you navigate through your first tasks so you can get up and running easily. Plus, you can import your contacts from Excel or other email address books.
Organize your finances all in one place
Find information quickly
Easily create invoices and track sales & expenses
Create invoices quickly and save time tracking your sales, bills, and expenses. QuickBooks organizes everything in one place, so you can access all past invoices, payments, and bills with just a few clicks.
Get reliable records for tax time
Manage customer, vendor, and employee data
Get a consolidated view of your business with Company Snapshot
Go paperless with online banking
New in QuickBooks PRO
Custom schedule what reports to receive and when.
- The new Scheduled Reports Center saves time by:
- Allowing customization and scheduling of reports to be generated and emailed automatically.
- Providing a single location to view and manage all scheduled reports.
- Sending notifications about reports that did not get sent.
- Getting answers about your business is easy when you schedule reports to be emailed automatically.
A personalized autocomplete feature speeds up searches.
- The improved Smart Search functionality makes finding information in QuickBooks easier and faster by auto filling Information you type into the search field so you don’t need to remember the entire account number or name and allowing searches for items within an amount range, not just above or below an amount.
- Now you won’t need to search the full chart of accounts to find that one client or memorize the exact name of every item or amount of every transaction.
Apply visible data filters to multiple reports on one screen.
Improved Report Filters save you time and simplify report customization by:
Displaying which filters have been applied to a report with just two clicks, making duplication of customized reports easier with filters displayed on the last page of every customized reports;
Allowing the addition or removal of accounts on a report via a quick searchProviding quick toggling between reports.
Now two clicks is all it takes to see which filters have beenapplied to a report.
New 2017 features
- Automated reports: custom schedule what reports to receive and when*
- Smart Search: a personalized autocomplete feature speeds up searches
- Apply visible data filters to multiple reports on one screen
Track income & expenses
Know where your money is going.
- Connect your bank and credit card to automatically download transactions*
- Easily import previous financial data from Excel and other programs
- Organize everything in one place with Customer, Vendor, and Employee Centers
Look professional and get paid faster.
- Create professional estimates and invoices
- Invoice for services, goods, and for billable time and expenses
- Accept payments right from your invoices and send reminders on outstanding payments
Better decisions with smart insights
- Stay ready for tax time with reliable reports
- Schedule automatic reporting including profit & loss, expenses, and balance sheets
- Consolidate reports for multiple companies
Easily track and convert estimates.
- Send professional estimates and track leads in one place
- Convert estimates to invoices in a single click
- Customize and automate pricing with Advanced Pricing
Track sales tax
Stay on top of sales tax.
- Define which customers and which products are taxable
- Track sales tax automatically throughout the month
- Run sales tax liability reports so you know exactly what you owe
Manage bills & accounts payable
Know what you owe.
- Clearly track bills and purchase orders in one place
- Maintain cash flow and easily take action on unpaid bills
- Take early pay discounts automatically
Track employee and billable time.
- Track time and expenses by employee, project, client, or service
- Enter hours yourself or give employees secure access to enter their own time
- Run time reports to evaluate efficiency and productivity
Stay stocked for success.
- Track products, cost of goods, and receive notifications when inventory is low
- Easily adjust inventory to account for loss, theft, and shrinkage
- Create purchase orders to keep track of what’s on order
Maximize QuickBooks performance.
- Pro and Premier: Up to 14,500 items
- Enterprise: More than 1 million items.
Industry specific features
Manage tasks unique to your industry.
- Track profitability by product or by project and client
- Bill clients progressively by job phase
- Run industry specific reports including donor contributions, sales summary, and more
Create and manage budgets
Stay on the right track.
- Create a budget from scratch or use previous years information
- Track and view budget progress both in dollars and percentages
- Run valuable budgeting reports
Pay 1099 contractors
Help stay compliant on all your 1099s.
- Keep track of subcontractor payments and assign them to 1099 categories
- Prepare and file 1099s right from QuickBooks
- See who you’ve paid, what you’ve paid, and when
Save time when you work together.
- Allows more than one user at a time*
- Create a copy of your company file for your accountant
- Protect sensitive data with user-access levels
Frequently Asked Questions
Imagine your business has three people (owner, office manager and payroll clerk) who need to access one QuickBooks file at the same time. The business owner uses one QuickBooks license to run reports, while the office manager uses a second license to enter sales reports and receipts, and the payroll clerk uses a third license to run payroll and print checks.
In this scenario, since three users are using QuickBooks, a 3 User product will be best suited to your business’ needs. Similarly, if your business only has two users that will need to access QuickBooks, a 2 User product will be right for you.
- Multi-user access enables increased productivity and efficiency
- All users have simultaneous access to your most up-to-date company file, ensuring accurate and efficient collaboration
- You can also stay in control and keep your data protected — limit employee access by allowing different levels of user permission within your company’s file
The maximum number of simultaneous users (users accessing the file at the same time) for QuickBooks Pro is three users and Premier Edition is five users. A server does not count as a user if no one works on QuickBooks on the server itself. Our Enterprise Solutions product offers the ability for more users to work in the file at the same time.
The multi-user mode1 in QuickBooks Pro and Premier allows multiple users to collaborate on the same company file at the same time. All users must be networked and must each have their own QuickBooks license.
Multi-user mode enables more than one person to work on a company file at the same time increasing collaboration and productivity. It improves accuracy because all users are working on the most up-to-date data. Additionally, it ensures data stays protected because individual user access levels can be set. To enable multi-user mode, go to the File menu in QuickBooks and choose “Multi-User Mode.”
If you need 5 or more users accessing QuickBooks at the same time, please see our QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions products.
Our standard license agreement requires separate QuickBooks licenses for each person who uses QuickBooks software. However, if you have both a laptop and desktop PC, and you’re the only person using QuickBooks, you only need one license. You need to get additional licenses when additional people need to use QuickBooks on their computers.
The most common scenario is when more than one person in the business needs to use QuickBooks, even if only for certain specific tasks. For example, a business owner may want to have a copy of QuickBooks solely for running reports, doing payroll, and printing checks, but his office manager needs to use QuickBooks to enter sales orders and receipts. Accordingly, the business needs two licenses.
If another person is solely reviewing printed reports that you generate yourself in QuickBooks, then they don’t need to get their own QuickBooks license. However, if they install and/or use QuickBooks, then they will need a separate license.
Under the single-user license, you may install QuickBooks software on one computer for access and use by only one specific person; and, install the software on one additional portable computer so long as only the same specific person accesses and uses the software.
You can configure your QuickBooks to suit however many users you need. Please send your inquiry using Contact Us link displayed on each page of our site. We would gladly offer you solution that best suits your needs.
Yes, you will save 10% off a single-user copy of Pro or Premier when you purchase an additional license. Currently, you cannot receive the discount by ordering from the CPAWarehouse.com Website. To get your discount, please place your order and send the request for the price adjustment referencing this page. The 10% discount applies to “add a seat” licenses only.
Yes. You can run as many companies as you want from one copy of QuickBooks. Of course, you’ll still need a separate license for each user of QuickBooks if you have multiple users.
QuickBooks Premier can accommodate up to 5 simultaneous users. QuickBooks Pro and Premier Edition are best suited for businesses with 1-4 users. (Note that one license is required for each user. A server does not count as a user if no one works on QuickBooks on the server itself). If your business has 5 or more users we recommend the Enterprise Edition.
You do not need a separate license if you install QuickBooks on a server for other users to access, but no one directly uses QuickBooks on that server. By choosing the Server Installation during the Installation Interview, QuickBooks will install a version that is appropriate for server access but not for regular QuickBooks use.
You can access additional help on multiple users in several different places:
- During the QuickBooks installation process
- In the materials included with your QuickBooks software
Move up to QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions when you’re at the point where you need to handle larger amounts of data (resulting from having more customers, vendors, inventory, and transaction volume) and multiple users with ease. With Enterprise Solutions, you get twice the list capacity of QuickBooks Pro and Premier Edition, and you can scale up to 30 simultaneous users with faster performance. The software also offers in-depth security features with different levels of access to more than 120 individual reports. And it includes 13 predefined user roles to make new user setup fast and easy. Learn more about Enterprise Solutions.
Desktop System Requirements
- Windows 7 SP1, 8.1 Update 1, or Windows 10 (all 32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012 R2
- 2.5 GB disk space recommended (additional space required for data files)
- 2.4 GHZ processor
- 4 GB Ram (8 GB recommended)
- 4x DVD-ROM drive
- Payroll and online features require Internet access (1 Mbps recommended speed)
- Product registration required
- Optimized for 1280x1024 screen resolution or higher. Supports up to 2 extended monitors. Optimized for Default DPI settings.