What's New in QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus 2023 ?
- Enhanced Computing Power (64-bit)
- Pay Vendor Bills Online • Upload Bills
- Attach Documents to Transactions
- Customize and Email Bill Payment Stubs
- Choose from Multiple Email Contacts
- Improved Receipt Management
- E-commerce Integration
- Payment Links for Payment Users
- Simplified Activations for Assisted Payroll Users
- Next Day Funding for Payment Users
- Instant Deposit for Payments Users (based on eligibility)
- Next Day Direct Deposit for Assisted Payroll users
Enhanced computing power (64-bit)
QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus includes improved utilization of the 64-bit processors found in most computers to maximize performance and stability, making it up to 38% faster.* You'll be able to maintain seamless third-party integrations by using the developer-preferred infrastructure and get the peace of mind that comes with knowing QuickBooks meets modern operating system standards.
Track & Manage Inventory:
- Track products, cost of goods, and receive notifications when inventory is low.
- Easily adjust inventory to account for loss, theft, and shrinkage.
- Create purchase orders to keep track of what’s on order.
Track Sales Tax:
- Define which customers and which products are taxable.
- Track sales tax automatically throughout the month.
- Run sales tax liability reports so you know exactly what you owe.
Send Professional Invoices and Get Paid Faster
- Create professional estimates, invoices, and payment receipts.
- Invoice for services, goods, and for billable time and expenses.
- Accept payments right from your invoices and send automatic reminders on outstanding payments.
- Get real-time visibility of invoice status, to stay on top of your cash flow.
Manage Bills and Accounts Payable
- Clearly track bills and purchase orders in one place, and view unpaid bills from a vendor to easily manage payments.
- Take early pay discounts automatically.
- Maintain cash flow and easily take action on unpaid bills.
- Automate bill entries using the QuickBooks Desktop mobile app and pay bills using the funding source you choose, in the form your vendors prefer.
Know where your money is going
- Connect your bank and credit card to automatically download and categorize transactions.
- Easily import previous financial data from Excel and other programs.
- Organize your business with Customer, Vendor, and Employee Centers.
- Save time by automatically creating categorized receipt expense entries* by using the QuickBooks Desktop Mobile app. Just photograph, import, and review.
System and browser requirements
- Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 update/version supported by Microsoft
- Windows Server 2012 (or R2), 2016, or 2019
- 2.4 GHz processor
- 8 GB of RAM for 64-bit application
- 2.5 GB disk space recommended (additional space required for data files)
- 4x DVD-ROM drive (unless user is downloading from Intuit server)
- Plus and Enterprise subscriptions, payroll and online features require Internet access
- QuickBooks Desktop mobile app requires an active Plus or Enterprise subscription. Must be installed on a camera-enabled mobile device using Android 5.0 or iOS 12 or later
- Product registration required
- Optimized for 1280×1024 screen resolution or higher. Supports one Workstation Monitor, plus up to 2 extended monitors. Optimized for Default DPI settings.
- Internet Explorer 11
Integration with other software
- Microsoft Word and Excel integration requires Office 2013-2019, or Microsoft 365 (32 and 64 bit)
- E-mail Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2013-2019, Microsoft 365, Gmail,™ and Outlook.com,® other SMTP-supporting e-mail clients. Integration with QuickBooks POS 19.0
- Transfer data from Quicken 2016-2021, QuickBooks Mac 2016-2022, Microsoft Excel 2013-2019, or Microsoft 365 (32 or 64 bit)
Frequently Asked Questions
QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus is an annual subscription that includes unlimited support, data backups, and annual upgrades when available. It also comes with exclusive time-saving and money-management features as well as access to the QuickBooks Desktop mobile app. Installation is easy, and you get notified when there are new features to access. There's no action required if you don't want to try the new features that are released.
Your subscription will auto-renew with the credit card on file so there is no service interruption. If you purchased Desktop Pro Plus via retail, make sure to add your credit card on file for uninterrupted service.
This is not a cloud-based product. Your data is accessible even after the subscription ends. If you’re seeking more collaboration and on-the-go productivity, then check out the benefits of QuickBooks Online.
When you download QuickBooks Desktop subscription products, you'll ‘own’ your data. If you cancel your subscription, you will no longer have access to the software, but you'll be able to open your company files on a machine with an active license. If your subscription expires and is reactivated, you will be able to reopen your data files. We recommend exporting any relevant information or reports prior to subscription cancellation.
Download the QuickBooks Desktop mobile app from the Google Play Store or iOS App Store. Login using your QuickBooks username and password. For more information on how to upload receipts using the receipt management tool, click here.
Yes. Transitioning from the Desktop Pro product to Pro Plus is easy and can be done in minutes.
You can transfer data into QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus from select versions of Quicken, Microsoft Excel, Office 365, and QuickBooks Mac.⁸ You can e-mail estimates, invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2013-2019, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Gmail™, Outlook.com®, and other SMTP-supporting e-mail clients. You can also integrate data from QuickBooks POS 19.0 with QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus.²³ Integration with Shopify, Square, and other applications²⁴ requires a cloud access subscription or QuickBooks Online.
Yes. Unlimited customer support is included with a Desktop Pro Plus subscription.
Yes. Your license allows for up to three users/computers (Pro version supports up to 3 simultaneous users when you have a 3 user license). If you require more than three users, consider using QuickBooks Desktop Premier Plus or Enterprise.
You can choose to add one of two completely integrated payroll options to QuickBooks Desktop. Payroll is an add-on and requires a separate payroll subscription. However, there's no separate software to buy, no new user interface to learn—it's all right in QuickBooks. QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll lets you pay employees directly from QuickBooks. It simplifies payroll tax filing and payments, and lets you easily prepare, file, and send W-2s and 1099s.
For more help, try Assisted Payroll, where we manage your federal and state payroll taxes and filings for you—guaranteed on-time, accurate, and penalty-free. There's no lump-sum payroll tax bills because your taxes are captured with each payroll run. Assisted Payroll comes with free next-day direct deposit. And setup assistance and premium 24/7 support is included.
QuickBooks Desktop for Windows is updating its product lineup. The changes to 2022 lineup include:
- Subscription-based product lineup: QuickBooks will now only be selling our Pro and Premier products as Pro Plus and Premier Plus subscriptions. This focus allows QuickBooks to deliver greater innovation, value, and productivity features that better meet your needs.
- Plus benefits/features: This year’s Desktop subscriptions include numerous features that were designed to help customers complete accounting tasks quicker than ever before with enhanced speed and productivity.
- Distribution: QuickBooks Desktop subscription products will continue to be available via QuickBooks web page and sales agents, retail, QuickBooks Service Providers and Accountants. Customers seeking an existing Pro or Premier 2021 one-time purchase license (with support until May 2024), may call our sales team at 1-888-309-4909. These will be available for sale until December 10, 2021. Please note that after the one-time license term expires, it will no longer support services like Payroll, Payments, bank feeds, security patches or feature updates.